Junior Eurovision in Armenia
Tour from Dubai 1-4 December 2011
Tours from other Middle East locations available
The 8th Junior Eurovision Song Contest will be held in Yerevan, the capital of Armenia.
The first Junior Eurovision Song Contest took place in Denmark in 2003 and was an instant international hit. Since then it has taken place in Norway, Belgium, Romania, The Netherlands, Cyprus and Ukraine.
Duration: 4 days
Meal plan: BB
Price: US$ 270 per person (double occupancy)
Tour reference: DXBJE
· Transfers to/from Zvartnots Airport in Yerevan
· Accommodation and breakfasts in 4* hotel (double occupancy)
· Transfer to/from Junior Eurovision Song Contest location
· Comfortable bus with A/C
· 24-hours tourist support
· Travel souvenirs from SacVoyage
Package does not include:
· Air ticket
· Visa to Armenia
· Medical insurance
· Half board (US$ 30) or full board supplement (US$ 60)
· Single occupancy supplement (US$ 50)
· Entrance ticket to Junior Eurovision Song Contest (starting from US$ 15 according to the seat).
01-dec 06:45 Thursday
01-dec 10:10 Thursday
ZVARTNOTS AIRPORT IN YEREVAN
04-dec 13:35 Sunday
ZVARTNOTS AIRPORT IN YEREVAN
04-dec 16:40 Sunday
RECOMMENDED OPTIONAL DAY TRIPS
TO ENRICH YOUR STAY IN ARMENIA
Trip rates include guides and entry tickets
Important note: Trips are operated if minimum 8 persons are booked.
Day 1. Arrival to Yerevan / Yerevan City Tour / 01.12.11
Meeting at Zvartnots International airport in Yerevan. Transfer to the hotel and check-in.
Tour of Yerevan after hotel rest.
Yerevan is the 13th capital of Armenia and is one of the oldest cities in the world founded in 782
- Erebouni Museum at the foot of the Arin Berd hill, where the Urartian ancient fortress was constructed.
- Yerevan History Museum.
- Tsisernakaberd Monument dedicated to the Armenian Genocide.
- Excursion to Ararat cognac factory (tour and sampling).
- Dinner in a traditional restaurant accompanied by live Armenian songs and dances.
Overnight stay at the hotel in Yerevan.
- City tour: US$ 30
- Ararat cognac factory tour: US$ 15
- Dinner: US$ 30 includes food, live music and one bottle of wine for 4 persons.
Day 2. Yerevan – Tsakhkadzor – Yerevan /02.12.11/ (70km)
Breakfast at the hotel.
- Matenadaran: One of the unique institutes of ancient manuscripts in the world.
- Drive to Tsakhkadzor (means Valley of Flower in Armenian), a popular health resort located 50 kilometers north of Yerevan, on the southeastern slopes of Teghenis Mountains, at a height
of 1750 meters above sea level, surrounded with alpine meadows.
- City tour visiting Kecharis Monastery (11th century), House-museum of Orbeli scientist brothers and Tsakhkadzor ski resort, which has three consecutive lifts stretching from the foot of the mountain (1969m) up to the mountain peak (2819m).
Return to Yerevan after full day enjoyments in the winter capital of Armenia. Overnight stay at the hotel in Yerevan.
- Matenadaran tour: US$ 15
- Tsakhkadzor tour: US$ 30
Day 3. Yerevan – Garni – Geghard and 8th Junior Eurovision Song Contest /03.12.11/ (60km)
Breakfast at the hotel.
- Drive to Garni temple(1st century), a rare example of architecture from Hellenistic period. Temple dedicated to Mithra – the god of sun.
- Continue to Gegard Monastery (12-13th centuries). Geghard known as "Cave Monastery" the name refers to the biblical lance used by Roman soldier to pierce Christ's body. Hundreds of Khachkars (stone-crosses) and caves are built in the rocks surrounding the Monastery. Geghard and
the Upper Azat Valley are inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List.
- Stop at the Charents Arch, the location from where the great Armenian poet Charents used to admire the view of the double-peaked Mount Ararat.
- Return to Yerevan and Drive to the Karen Demirchyan Sports and Concerts Complex where the 8th Junior Eurovision Song Contest will be held.
After the concert return to the hotel. Overnight stay at the hotel in Yerevan.
- Garni and Geghard tour: US$ 30
Day 4. Yerevan-Etchmiadzin-Yerevan/04.12.11/(70km)
Breakfast at the hotel. Check Out from the hotel.
Tour of centuries-old monuments Etchmiadzin and Zvartnots listed on UNESCO's World Heritage list.
- The Cathedral of Etchmiadzin (303 A.D.) is the official residence of the head of the Armenian Church Catholicos). At the museum you will see many reliquaries including the Holy Lance (Geghart) which pierced the side of Christ; the relics of Noah's Ark in a reliquary made in 1698; "Khotekerats Sourp Nishan" reliquary with the relic of Jesus Christ's wooden cross; the cross of King Ashot Yerkat, one of the oldest processional crosses in existence, etc.
- Zvartnots (7-10th centuries) a Temple of Vigil Forces.
- Etchmiadzin and Zvartnots tour: US$ 30
Transfer to the airport 2 hours before flight. Check-in support.
We wish you good stay in sunny Armenia!
SacVoyage Travel LLC
Maya, Managing Director
Lusine, Incoming Manager,
Tel: +374 60 44 00 77
1) Please mention tour reference: DXBJE
2) Send copy of correspondence to email@example.com
Announcement in PDF format:
Embassy of the Republic of Armenia in Abu Dhabi
Tel: +971 2 4444196
Consular office tel.: +971 2 4444128
Fax: +971 2 4444197
P.O. Box 6358
The Diplomatic Quarter, Behind the USA Embassy, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Embassy Location Map